In recent years, “Industry 4.0” has become more than just a trend. As it quickly reshapes the manufacturing landscape across markets, it’s important to understand the impact it can have on your company and Bostik’s response.
What Constitutes Industry 4.0?
As cited in Forbes Magazine, it uses cyber-physical systems to monitor factory processes and make decentralized decisions. More specifically, computer algorithms control robots to make decisions and run operations with little input and oversight needed from humans.
For a factory to be considered Industry 4.0, its systems must have the ability to:
- Create virtual copy of the physical world through sensor data
- Assist humans in making decisions and solving problems
- Make decisions on their own and run autonomously
What Impact does Industry 4.0 have on Companies?
Industry 4.0 is designed to improve productivity, increase output and streamline processes while also reducing costs and safety risks to operators. While this revolution offers significant advantages, it’s important for companies to understand the risks and challenges associated with it, such as:
- Maintaining production processes with less human oversight
- Avoiding expensive technical problems
- Ensuring data security
How Does Bostik Address Industry 4.0?
As more processes transition to Industry 4.0 and incorporate fully automated production, Bostik addresses it in the following ways:
- Our adhesive formulation: These solutions are specifically formulated for automated dispensing equipment on fast production line speeds. In addition to decreasing adhesive waste, these smart adhesives reduce equipment issues and downtime.
- Our technical expertise: Our experts continually stay up-to-date on current and upcoming trends to better predict how industrial manufacturing is evolving and what these changes will mean for adhesives.
- Our order management process: This process is being digitally reengineered to make product ordering faster, easier and more responsive to today’s customer needs.
For more information on how Bostik’s solutions can help your Industry 4.0 processes, visit www.bostik.com, or call 800-7-BOSTIK.