According to Strategy&, the global truck industry is expected to grow at an average of 3.7% or more until 2020. Factors contributing to this growth include:
- Growing urbanization: increase in transport volume and the need for trucks to be optimized for nighttime goods distribution
- Emerging economies in Asian and African countries
- Improved technologies that satisfy environmental and safety considerations
Additionally, as cited in Heavy Duty Manufacturing Association, truck sales will reach 2.68 million units in 2016. The Wall Street Journal states that nearly half of the 17,100 jobs added to the transportation industry last June were for the truck market in particular.
As a result, it’s important that original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) for the truck market and transportation in general are able to keep up with this demand throughout the entire manufacturing process.
Bostik’s STR adhesives and sealants help OEMs improve manufacturing efficiencies while offering significant health and environmental advantages. They are also reliable and versatile. Let’s take a closer look at why STR220A, STR350A and STR360A SKF are the smart choice:
How the STR Series Improves Manufacturing Efficiencies:
Bostik’s STR series offer the following benefits that decrease manufacturing time:
- Excellent green strength
- Primerless adhesion on many substrates including:
- Painted and unpainted steel
- Composite materials
Traditional adhesives often require a primer, adding significant production time and cost. These adhesive and sealant products eliminate that step in truck, bus, boat and rail assembly lines.
How the STR Series Improves Health and the Environment:
The STR series is solvent-free and contains no isocyanates. Additionally, these products have many materials that federal agencies have deemed “safer chemical ingredients”. The STR series also meets current and proposed VOC regulations such as CARB, SCAQMD and OTC.
How the STR Series is Reliable and Versatile:
The STR series offers reliable and versatile performance for its intended purposes. For example:
- STR220A: suitable for sealing on many different substrates including glass, polycarbonate and various composite materials
- STR350A: provides elastic sealing and bonding on the same range of substrates
- STR360A SKF: offers the same capabilities as STR350A but with higher green strength and longer open time
These products work well in sealing elastic constructive joints not only for truck cabs, but also for buses, boats and rail cars. Additionally, they have excellent UV, weather and temperature resistance.
The STR series is manufactured using silyl modified polymer (SMP) technology, which earned Bostik the Frost & Sullivan Enabling Technology Leadership Award. Check out our blog for more information on how SMP improves upon traditional solutions for the transportation market.
For more information on Bostik’s STR series, call 800-7-BOSTIK.